America ReFramed is looking for a marketing and branding whiz to join the small team as our Jr. Associate, Communications.
The ideal candidate will have experience across social media and newsletter platforms; experience generating dynamic assets and copy; and exemplary written communication skills. She/he will be expected to prepare and present ideas and deliverables on a regular basis, research trends to help us grow our audiences and increase brand visibility.
This full-time staff position works under the direct supervision of the series’ Coordinating Producer. Responsibilities and duties entail working closely with Programming and Engagement Associate as well as liaising with AmDoc Marketing and Communications department to ensure robust and consistent communication about series brand and activities.
● Know series’ programmed films
● Draft and edit series marketing & communications assets (newsletters, awards applications, one-sheet)
● Implement social media calendar
● Produce social media assets
Responsibilities & Duties
● Drive growth against weekly and monthly targets to keep building our audience and cross-platform video views
● Engage in social listening and research to make recommendations about content creation and community engagement.
● Keep abreast of the latest development of social media best practices, trends, tools and recommend new strategies with meaningful measurements.
● Draft, implement, and maintain series social media activities and infrastructure (Facebook, Twitter)
● Co-lead the assessment of key metrics for growth of social media presence & engagement
● Screen programmed films
● Produce assets and copy for series promotional outreach and activity (i.e. branded images, weekly social media toolkits, episode one-sheets)
● Archiving press hits & community feedback.
● Represent the series and liaise with American Documentary's Marketing and Communications department to ensure robust and consistent brand messaging and communication.
A successful candidate will have the following skills
● Understanding of Brand Voice & Positioning
● Experience with Design Software
● Interest in Data Analysis & Testing Optimization
● Strong interest in documentary films and current affairs a plus
● Attention to detail
● Committed to the series' values of advancing diversity and anti-racism
Classification and salary: Full-time, non-exempt, hourly position with an equivalent annual salary of $42,000-44,000, commensurate with experience. American Documentary's comprehensive benefit package includes but is not limited to medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage, paid time off and public holidays, and a 403(b) retirement/employer matching plan.
The position is for immediate hiring. The position is headquartered at AmDoc’s offices in Brooklyn but will be remote until further notice and pending health and safety protocols during the global pandemic.
Please send cover letter and resumé to email@example.com with subject heading:[YOUR NAME] - Jr. Associate, Communications Position