The United Nations is hosting a free screening of The Silence of Others followed by a panel featuring special guests Almudena Carracedo (film co-director), Paqui Maqueda (film protagonist), Jacinto Lara (Attorney), and Fabián Salvioli (UN Special Rapporteur on the Promotion of Truth, Justice, Reparation and Guarantees of Non-recurrence).
Seating is limited
RSVP by Monday, February 24, 2020, at 9 a.m.
This event is hosted by Women's International Forum, co-sponsored by the Permanent Mission of Spain to the UN, the Permanent Mission of Belgium to the UN and the Permanent Mission of Austria to the UN, and Austrian Cultural Forum New York, with the support of American Documentary | POV.
RSVP and UN Admission Instructions
- Please RSVP by filling out the form https://forms.gle/WyXcrEz4WvRCuWBT8 no later than February 24, 2020, at 9 a.m. Upon completing the form you will get a confirmation message and a copy of your replies will be sent to the email you registered. No further confirmation is necessary.
- Please register with the name identical to the one on the State-issued photo ID you will be using at the event.
- On the day of the event please come to the UN Visitor's Entrance on 1st Avenue at 46th Street. State-issued photo ID will be required to pass security. Ground passes will be required. WIF Board members will hand them out in front of the Visitor's Entrance between 2:15 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. – it is recommended you arrive by 2:15 p.m. at the very latest
- Please allow ample time to pass through security and reach The Trusteeship Council before the event starts.
- In case of any difficulties registering please contact us at email@example.com or leave a voicemail at: 1-212-963-3112.
Due to high interest, we kindly ask all attendees, including UN ID holders, to RSVP.
Spaces will be assigned by order of RSVP till capacity is reached.
As spaces are limited: we ask you to please notify WIF of possible cancellations.