Immediately after the film, people will be feeling a range of emotions. Take a moment for people to collect their thoughts and emotions. You may want to pose several general questions such as:
- Did you find these stories inspiring? Why or why not?
- Did you find these stories challenging or difficult? How?
After audiences have had the opportunity to begin a discussion you may consider these questions to continue the conversation:
- In Inventing Tomorrow we meet students from India, Indonesia, Hawaii, and Mexico. What do you know about environmental issues facing these places?
- How can science, engineering and art inform environmental protection and climate justice?
- What were the different obstacles the students faced when working on their research or presenting at ISEF?
- What project was most compelling to you? Why?
- What are some similarities between the different projects?
- What cultural issues did the teams experience?
- How are the communities of each student similar? Different?
- Why were the students inspired to start a science project?